"We Still Have Work to Do."
Gerald Griggs's Re-Election Platform
- Reorganizing the branches and revitalize the units General memberships.
- Improving communication between the State Conference and the Units.
- Connecting the Units thoughout the State.
- Broadening New and Existing Partnerships with Social Justice Organizations.
CIVIL RIGHTS ADVOCACY
- Protecting Civil Rights on the State Level.
- Advocating for expansion of Civil Rights Statutory Protection.
- Advancing Litigation to Protect Voting Rights and fighting against Racial Gerrymandering.
FRONT LINE ACTIVISM
- Streamlining the process to respond to racial intolerance and incidents of Race Based Hate.
- Training Units in Direct Action and Community Response
- Engaging the Units throughout the State to mobilize when Incidents happen in the State Of Georgia.
NEXT GEN CAPACITY BUILDING
- Increased funding and support for Youth and College
- Training and Leadership development opportunities
- Increasing flexibility to think outside the box on advocacy for the next generation of freedom fighters.
SOCIAL JUSTICE IN GEORGIA
Under the leadership of President Gerald Griggs, the Georgia NAACP has been a leader in Social Justice though the State of Georgia. From protests to litigation, Georgia has been blazing a pathway forward to move rights forward in the State.
Moving into a new term, President Gerald Griggs plans to continue to lead the State Conference on the frontline for Social Justice and Civil Rights. The people of Georgia demand Equity, Equality, and full protection of their Civil Rights.